My husband Chris and I began fertility treatments in October 2009. After a few rounds of clomid (unsuccessful), four failed IUI's (the latter two we moved onto injectibles), and two IVF cycles ending in BFN's, we were feeling the hardship of paying for drugs out of pocket. Even though we got creative and switched to his insurance after mine had run out, those drugs are expensive! We had nothing left, and we seriously considered stopping our quest to become parents.
I remember our lowest point (too) well: It was time to do my Ovidrel injection prior to our second IVF retrieval. Somehow I managed to pull the rubber stopper back too far on the pre-filled syringe, and all of that precious Ovidrel dribbled down my hand onto our bathroom counter. I lost it. This, I thought, was our last chance. If I couldn't do my trigger shot, how could we keep our retrieval appointment...retrieve the eggs...GET PREGNANT AT ALL? We ended up finding a Walgreens that carried Ovidrel and I had my RE call in a last-minute prescription about ten minutes before they closed. It was so stressful, and the extra $90 we spent that night only made me feel worse...
And then I found oopmeds on a fertility message board. The program allowed us to undergo a third round of IVF, which WORKED :). I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with a little boy. We could NOT have afforded (nor would my husband have considered) a third round of IVF without your help. You are amazing, and I wish you all the wonderful luck and karma you've earned by helping so many women like me!!!
Kelly
No comments:
Post a Comment